Landsborough Museum


The original Landsborough Shire Council Chambers were designed in 1924 by renowned architect Walter Carey Voller and built from local timbers by A.E. Round in 1988 using funding from the Bicentenary. The old building was revamped and a new building of mud brick construction was added. The complex was re-opened on Australia Day 1988, by J.L. Beausang last chairman of Landsborough Shire and first mayor of Caloundra City as the Landsborough Museum. At its meeting on 25 June 1999, the Heritage Council resolved to enter the 'former Landsborough Shire Council Chambers' in the Queensland Heritage Register. Its mission is to collect, research, conserve, interpret and exhibit the artefacts, memorabilia, documents, photographs and stories of indigenous and non-indigenous peoples whose heritage can be linked to that region, known in the year 2000, as Caloundra City.

Facilities
  • Carpark
  • Coach Parking
  • Public Toilet